Back to work tomorrow

Meet other moms who are working and also raising children

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Back to work tomorrow

Postby Donella1987 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:45 pm

so after 9 months off i am going back to work tomorrow.... unfortunately due to having both parents living at home with myself and my husband i had no option but to carry on working full time.
I am really not looking forward to this at all. i feel all sorts of guilt!!!! i know my mum is more than capable of looking after my son but i don't want to leave him.

I am also worried about going back into work, i have been gone 9 months, so much has changed. i have staff that have left, new staff started who do not know me at all!

I feel sick to my stomach at the moment, i just wish i had enough money to have been able to take a full year.

I know i am lucky i got 9 months at the same pay i had been getting for the last 9 years but i just feel terrible.
Me - Donella 30 Portsmouth, UK overweight, pcos and high testosterone
DH - Russell 34 fit healthy avid body builder (polar opposite of me)
together 12 years, married for 9

David Scott Ogilvie-Lees born 25/03/2016

:BFP: 12/09/2017

Donella1987
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Back to work tomorrow

Postby Danielle0614 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:45 pm

Hi Donella,

GOing back to work is always tough, whether it is 3 months or 3 years. I wish I had the ability to stay home. It is gut wrenching walking out the door, looking back and seeing their big innocent eyes looking back at you.

On a side note - I want to say how happy I am that I see this post from you. I remember a couple of years ago, when I was on my TTC journey for my #4. You were a very active poster and I remember one post that you wrote about how your doctor told you that you would never conceive and carry to term - that your testosterone was too high. I popped in on this board and saw your name and then saw the picture of your baby and my heart just expanded for you. It's like reading a love story, but getting interrupted before you can read the end and then it takes a while before you get the time to go back and read the rest of the book. I'm glad to see such a happy ending (well, really beginning) for you.

Congratulations and best wishes - especially during this holiday season!!!

Mommy of 4
DS 20
DS 17
DS 3
DS (will be 1 on Dec. 23)
Me 41
DH 39
DS 18
DS 15
DS 2
:angel: MMC 4/2014 @ 10wks
:angel: CP 10/2014 (Clomid Cycle)
:angel: CP 12/2014 (Clomid Cycle)

It's a BOY!!!

Apr 30, BFP @ 8dpo (First cycle off Clomid)
BETA #1 (13 dpo) - HCG - 86 / Progesterone - 20.1
BETA #2 (15 dpo) - HCG - 178.
BETA #3 (17 dpo) - HCG - 464.4
5.21.2015 - :hb: 130 bpm - measuring 1 day ahead at 6wks 2 days.
6.18.2015 - :hb: 179 bpm

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
Danielle0614
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Back to work tomorrow

Postby Donella1987 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:44 pm

Hi Danielle
Thank you for responding.
I've been back at work now almost 4 months, it's been tough trying to reestablish myself into my role.
I actually have an interview for another job next week...mote responsibility too lol.
These last few years were tough, but I have my miracle baby, he was a complete shock and the pregnancy got tough at the end but I'm so glad I have my cheeky monkey!
I hope your LO had a fabulous 1st birthday xx
Me - Donella 30 Portsmouth, UK overweight, pcos and high testosterone
DH - Russell 34 fit healthy avid body builder (polar opposite of me)
together 12 years, married for 9

David Scott Ogilvie-Lees born 25/03/2016

:BFP: 12/09/2017

Donella1987
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Return to Working Moms