Like so many others I read every single BFP story posted the last few months that we were TTC, so wanted to post my BFP story in hopes that it will help someone else!
This was our third month TTC. My husband and I are both teachers, so we were trying hard for a summer baby to maximize our time off after the baby arrives. I have been using opks and temping for 6 months total, so that I could get a sense of when I was ovulating to maximize our chances. Our first month ttc, I had so many different symptoms (nipples tingling, headaches, fatigue, etc, etc), I was convinced I was pregnant, but ended with that awful af. Month two would have been our ideal timing, so after af arrived I was super bummed. Month three was our last chance for a well-timed summer baby, so I decided to do everything possible to maximize our chances. Tried to relax and think positively.
What we did differently this month:
- Took Evening Primrose Oil for two days before ovulation. Stopped because it massively upset my stomach.
- Used pre-seed each time we BD'd. I used the applicator to the 1.5 line and inserted up by my cervix. Made BD more comfortable/fun and it worked!
- Used Instead Cups after every BD. One night we were too tired, so my husband had private time, put his "sample" in the instead cup and I inserted before bed.
- Ate pineapple and pineapple core everyday for 7 days after ovulation. I am still eating it occasionally now.
- Ate a diet rich in vitamins and healthy fats, including kiwi, oranges, pineapple, spinach almost everyday, walnuts almost everyday, milk products with full fat everyday, lean meat and oily fish or beans everyday, lots of fruits and vegetables as snacks.
- Meditated everyday for five minutes to help myself relax, breath and feel calm. Repeated the mantra that my body was ready and I was ready.
Perhaps because of my super healthy diet and meditation, I felt great this month! Way more energy than usual, very few symptoms. I did keep track, see below, but really felt pretty normal. In fact I felt so great that I was convinced there was no chance that I was pregnant. BFP came as a total shock!