Hysteroscopy and 3 days late

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Hysteroscopy and 3 days late

Postby Jessiquoi » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:39 am

I've been trying to conceive for three years. My husband's sperm is terrible. We were able to get pregnant twice after he had a varicocele surgery - one ended in a 9 week miscarriage and the other a chemical pregnancy. Nothing for the last seven months. When the infertility doctor looked at my uterus in the preliminary IVF appointment he thought my uterus was shaped a little weird and I should have a hysteroscopy (minor surgery) to correct it. So I did.

I had the surgery just about 3.5 weeks ago. He put me on birth control pills for two week leading up to the surgery. We BD'ed starting a week afterwards when I was all healed up. I think it could have been during ovulation but I'm not really sure as I stopped tracking. We've basically given up and now it's in the hands of doctors.

Now twice recently I had a huge glob this rubber cement-like, pretty clear CM. Just waiting, hanging out on my underwear like it was an old friend. It was weird because I've never had anything like this. I'm 3 days late. And I had pretty bad cramps yesterday both in my legs and uterus. No spotting and I always spot. BFN. What the hell?

This whole time we were thinking it was my husband's low quality sperm issue but if I get pregnant naturally right away, definitely not the case! I'm so confused.

Do you have any experience with a hysteroscopy followed by a BFP? Give a girl some hope and please share your story.
Jessiquoi

Re: Hysteroscopy and 3 days late

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:02 am

Hi there! I'm so sorry to hear you're going through all this. I'm afraid I cannot be of much help here. I'd been in a completely other case. Just felt I couldn't read, and then just go away without answering. I know how it helps to know you aren't alone with your problems. We are all with you and here to lend an ear. :hugs: Wishing you the best.
@whenmytruerainbow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby hannahdavid » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:58 am

I am sorry to hear about your struggles. It must be really hard upon you. Why aren't you considering looking into assisted conception? They have proven to be highly successful. I would first suggest that you visit a good doctor. Doctors make a whole new difference. I am saying this from my own experience. Previously the clinics I was visiting all sent me home, disappointed. I then decided to visit only that doctor who was professional in this field. More the experience more knowledge they would have to help you. Once I found myself a clinic I emailed them and the first thing to impress me was that they replied quickly and gave an in-depth response. After which they assigned me a manager who looked after me. Currently, I am submitting the documents. I am really hoping for the best. Good luck to you.
-Low AMH and High FSH
-Poor Ovarian Reserve
-5 IUIs (failed)
-1 IVF (failed)
Life is a total mess
hannahdavid
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:08 am

hannahdavid wrote:I am sorry to hear about your struggles. It must be really hard upon you. Why aren't you considering looking into assisted conception? They have proven to be highly successful. I would first suggest that you visit a good doctor. Doctors make a whole new difference. I am saying this from my own experience. Previously the clinics I was visiting all sent me home, disappointed. I then decided to visit only that doctor who was professional in this field. More the experience more knowledge they would have to help you. Once I found myself a clinic I emailed them and the first thing to impress me was that they replied quickly and gave an in-depth response. After which they assigned me a manager who looked after me. Currently, I am submitting the documents. I am really hoping for the best. Good luck to you.

Dropped in to wish you the best of luck ahead :hugs: After my recent ET (DE IVF shot) my clinic told me to continue life as normal. So that is exactly what I did. Continued with work. Granted I have a desk job. And continued with exercising including yoga. Although carefully due to possibility of twisted ovaries. The only thing I did differently was eat a whole pineapple over the first few days. Also did a daily fertility meditation from youtube. I was lucky enough to get my BFP that validates this approach I think. :) Hope to see you among the prego ones the coming year. GL!!
@whenmytruerainbow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Xenia » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:48 am

All I can say is that you people are doing the right thing. Don't give up so easily. It could still happen for you, who knows? I just want to wish you the best of luck! My prayers are with you. Keep us updated on how it goes! Hopefully, there's a BFP waiting!
Xenia
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to General Infertility