PLS HELP

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

PLS HELP

Postby mamasita82 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:54 am

Hey Everyone,

So I just started my cycle monitoring.... I went yesterday calendar day 3 for an ultrasound and bloodworm to the clinic. The nurse followed up and said I have one follicle on the right side and gave me letrozole. I get a call 15 minutes later stating that I am not to take my medicine and to come in next friday to do another ultrasound and more bloodwork and meet with the doctor. I am going crazy thinking that they want to tell me that fertility treatments will not work. Anyone have insight they can give me or just venture a guess.
mamasita82
Friend

Re: PLS HELP

Postby Xenia » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:44 am

Don't lose hope, so early. Wait until Friday, I know it's hard to do so. However, that is your best option. In the worst scenario, you still have quite a few options. So, there's no point giving up the faith! You can still do this, honey! Do let us know, how it goes!
Xenia
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby EstrellaS » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:56 am

I agree with Xenia. I think she's correct in saying that you shouldn't worry without knowing the news. Plus, there are lots of options available, either way. You can always change your clinic and doctor if you're not satisfied. It's not easy to find a good clinic. I'm sure it will be nothing! Good luck to you in your journey!
EstrellaS
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:26 am

mamasita82 wrote:Hey Everyone,

So I just started my cycle monitoring.... I went yesterday calendar day 3 for an ultrasound and bloodworm to the clinic. The nurse followed up and said I have one follicle on the right side and gave me letrozole. I get a call 15 minutes later stating that I am not to take my medicine and to come in next friday to do another ultrasound and more bloodwork and meet with the doctor. I am going crazy thinking that they want to tell me that fertility treatments will not work. Anyone have insight they can give me or just venture a guess.

I'm sorry you're going though this. My post might be late, so that you're more likely to have gone for another ultrasound..Just start working with a reproductive endocrinologist. Although your OB sounds better than most in that she's taking your concerns seriously, regular OB's do not have the level of expertise that you need when dealing with this issue. There is a support group called RESOLVE that is a good starting point for finding good RE's in your area. Feel free to memail me if you have questions about selecting a good doc.Reproductive Endocrinologist is up on the latest science, they see tons of women having reproductive health stuff exactly like this, and they have so so so much experience with precisely this situation. Wishing you the best. :hugs:
@whenmytruerainbow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:29 am

Xenia wrote:Don't lose hope, so early. Wait until Friday, I know it's hard to do so. However, that is your best option. In the worst scenario, you still have quite a few options. So, there's no point giving up the faith! You can still do this, honey! Do let us know, how it goes!

Sometimes the biggest hurdle is just getting yourself into the office. After all the dreaming, discussions, worrying, thinking and planning, you are as ready as you will ever be. Seeking fertility treatment is a courageous step, and it usually comes with hundreds of questions. This first stage is your opportunity to start finding some real answers. Infertility treatments can cost many thousands of dollars and involve strong drugs or hormones. It can also be an emotional roller coaster. However, for own peace of mind, I recommend that it might be useful to ask for a second medical opinion.
@whenmytruerainbow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mamasita82 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:11 am

Hey Everyone,
So I went in for my dreaded ultrasound and blood work. The nurse confirmed I have two follicles (left and right) 13mm each. I asked them why they stopped the medication and they advised me that the doc said I don't need it. :shock: . So they asked me to have sex this weekend and come in for an Ultrasound Monday and blood work as well. I wonder why they won't give me the medication... I will be changing the clinic as I am very unsatisfied with not getting explanations and just docent feel right. Thank you for hearing me out....will keep you guys updated.
mamasita82
Friend

Postby hannahdavid » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:32 pm

Last edited by hannahdavid on Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Low AMH and High FSH
-Poor Ovarian Reserve
-5 IUIs (failed)
-1 IVF (failed)
Life is a total mess
hannahdavid
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby mamasita82 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:48 pm

I really should have researched the clinic before I was referred there. I insisted on a referral to a clinic that has amazing reviews. The sad thing is it will be additional wait times. To me it is just that they don't like me asking questions? I am confused as to why they stopped me taking the meds and is having two follicles at 13mm good. I am so stressed and I have given myself numerous headaches over the last week
mamasita82
Friend

Postby beckybenson » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:30 am

Hey. It hasn't happened yet. So please ignore these negative thoughts. Being prepared for every outcome does not mean become a pessimist. Please try to distract yourself until you get the news. And even if it didn't work, you can go for it again. It doesn't work the first time for most people. Don't lose hope. Good luck.
beckybenson
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby AmySmith » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:02 am

You should relax a little. I think you should put a break on your thoughts. Negativity won't help you much. It's good that you are planning ahead. That's very important to do so. I hope it all works out for you. Sending you lots of prayers and baby dust.
AmySmith
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:47 am

mamasita82 wrote:I really should have researched the clinic before I was referred there. I insisted on a referral to a clinic that has amazing reviews. The sad thing is it will be additional wait times. To me it is just that they don't like me asking questions? I am confused as to why they stopped me taking the meds and is having two follicles at 13mm good. I am so stressed and I have given myself numerous headaches over the last week

Oh, luv, I'm sad to hear this.. But, please, be kind to yourself!! You’ve invested a lot of money and emotions into having a baby through investigations/ treatments. As the days go on the emotions heighten. Also confidence shrinks..We all know how it feels while waiting. Don’t expect too much from yourself at this stage!! It’s a really exhausting time. Surround yourself with positive people!! This surely isn’t the time about being selfish to your friends and family’s needs. It’s more about not being around people who tell you that maybe it’s time to start thinking about adoption etc..This all is about self preservation..
You know, I just felt like, what if you won't need to change the clinic? What if you've had fantastic sex at the weekend and did it?! I know this is more like a back plan now - swithcing the centers, but what if you've already succeeded?..I'm praying for this luck of yours..
This all is too emotionally draining..I remember I was 5 days post 5 day transfer (DE IVF). I was going out of my mind wondering if it was going to or had worked.. That very two week wait was the worst for me!! It was dragging like mad! I kept testing on sticks (I did have a bunch of those lol) Got no positives then. Though I knew it was useless 'cause of too early days.. I also couldn’t help myself then I was so disheartened when I didn't see what I wanted to! Of all the symptoms I had period like cramping on and off. No bothering tender breasts. Just nothing then so I was so worried..I wanted to be possitive but I just didn’t feel like it..On the day of the official testing I got a call from the clinic, saying – it's bfp! Will never forget that moment!!
Hoping for you, sweety. :sticky:
@whenmytruerainbow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby hannahdavid » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:05 am

The confusion these doctors and the nurses create is really something that I don't like. Initially the clinic I was visiting they used to do the same thing. One day they would tell me something another day the statement would change. It used to get so frustrating! However, after visiting them for almost 4 years I did the switch. Mainly because things weren't working out with them. Therefore, always make sure to visit a doctor who has a high success rate. They should know what they are doing.
-Low AMH and High FSH
-Poor Ovarian Reserve
-5 IUIs (failed)
-1 IVF (failed)
Life is a total mess
hannahdavid
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Return to General Infertility