PCOS and Letrozole

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

PCOS and Letrozole

Postby Amara » Wed May 30, 2018 1:50 am

Hello!

I'm 26 and TTC. I've had provera for 2 months as my uterine wall was thick and now I've been put on Letrozole to induce ovulation. I apparently haven't ovulated since February so I wanted to know if any one has had a BFP while on Letrozole?
Amara

Re: PCOS and Letrozole

Postby Danaa » Wed May 30, 2018 3:06 am

Lots of success stories online with letrozole,I don’t have any personal experience sadly to give an input but I hope someone else will!
Good luck!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby AmySmith » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:22 pm

Yeah, Amara, that really works. You should feel confident! Best of luck to you. I really hope everything goes well. Are you keeping your diet in check? Keep us posted on your journey. I'll be praying for you!
AmySmith
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:16 am

No personal experience. Found this on the internet, thought this might help in a way.~
Femara is offered in 2.5-milligram yellow, film-coated tablet. Based on when your period begins, your doctor will advise you when to start treatment. Treatment will be taken over five consecutive days.
Some fertility experts recommend taking the pills on days 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 of your cycle. Others endorse days 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9. While there remains debate on which option is truly best, current research seems to suggest that success rates are more-or-less the same.
Based on when treatment began, you can anticipate when you would need to start having sex:
If you started treatment on day 3, you likely ovulate sometime between day 14 and day 17 of your cycle. To conceive, you would want to begin having sex before you ovulate. In this scenario, you would begin having sex every day (or every other day) starting on day 11 and ending on day 18.
If you started treatment on day 5, you would most likely ovulate between days 16 and 19. In this case, would start having sex between days 13 and 21.
There is increasing evidence that Femara may be more suitable for women with PCOS suffering from ovulation problem. Stats showed that:
The ovulation rate was higher with Femara (61.7 percent) compared to Clomid (48.3 percent).
There was a higher birth rate among obese women with PCOS who used Femara.
There were fewer multiple pregnancies in women who used Femara (3.2 percent) compared to those who used Clomid (7.4 percent).
Hope things are going well for you. Hugs.
@whenmytruerainbow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to PCOS Support