Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!
Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:17 pm
Please be aware that posts mentioning the buying, selling, or donating of prescription medications will be deleted. Multiple violations will result in a warning. Two warnings will result in a ban.
Thank you for your understanding!
Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:22 pm
Quick ? Why can we not help each other out with meds? Topix has a ton of adds for them and I know most of us would feel much better getting them from girls we "know" and not total strangers!
Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:03 pm
Because for a few reasons it is illegal:
1. You don't know what kind of allergies someone has and you can kill someone by giving them something they are unaware they have an allergy.
2. You don't know if the person giving or selling them to you stored them properly at the right temps and whatnot and cannot guarantee it didn't get affected in transport.
3. You cannot walk into a pharmacy and request prescription drugs without a prescription, sharing drugs among people (even if they are not Class II drugs) is illegal.
4. You cannot guarantee just because someone on this site isn't super nice they are actually going through treatment and might be self-medicating.
5. People can be crafty and figure out ways to make it look new even if it's not. This is unsanitary.
6. Lastly, you don't "know" anybody really on this site unless you know them personally. These are online forums. I'm assuming none of us have ever met so you cannot completely blindly trust peoples' kindness. Sadly, that is not the kind of world we live in.
It is not worth the risk! Better to save the money up and ask your doctor for a prescription.
Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:06 pm
I wasn't suggesting that you don't have a prescription! Obviously you would want to have that for the allergy issues you mentioned. I was under the impression it was illegal to buy and sell not donate. My clinic allows us to donate extra meds and other girls use them. Not expired or mishandled. This process is so intense I have a hard time believing anyone that has been through it would want to make it harder by being unhygienic or dishonest.
Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:07 pm
My clinic also accepts left-over meds as donations, if they're still in their original, sealed condition. I think the reason they can do this is that they have a license to dispense the drugs, whereas individuals don't. I'm all for altruism, but there are ways to donate without getting yourself into legal trouble!
Wed May 01, 2013 8:19 pm
I received donated Lupron for my FET a couple years ago and I have donated Lurpon to a fellow TTC'er that cycled after me. If someone is asking for Lupron b/c they are about to start IVF/FET I would assume they have a script for it. If I was caught with Lupron in my possession it wouldn't be illegal b/c I have a script from my RE. I understand the liability issues but I also think it would be amazing to have a place to ask for donated meds or be able to donate. I donated some back to my RE at the end of my last cycle also.
Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:04 am
Hey! We don't have to care about meds needed at all, as their cost is included to the package price. It's convenient. We don't have to worry where to take them and for what additional $. I guess I'd never go with donated meds or sth of this kind. This is the thing your body consumes, so one should be confident with it. (unless a clinic provide such a policy)
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
phpBB Mobile / SEO by Artodia.