IVF success for 38+

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: IVF success for 38+

Postby pitjulie19 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:56 pm

I think the chances of IVF has become lower at this age. That's a rare case. Most of the people prefer surrogacy at this age. So Keep the option open for yourself. If you are not getting success with IVF then you can also go with surrogacy. There are many clinics in Europe that are providing the best facilities for such services. I hope they would help you in this respect.
pitjulie19

Postby barbara5 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:59 am

Hi. I am 33. Will keep in mind what you said. I do have the option of surrogacy in mind. I am new to the infertile world. And still trying to adapt to the changes. To all the feelings. Trying to stay strong. I don't know how long I can keep doing this. But I hope I don't have to numb my feelings every now and then. And that I will soon find out the right support for myself. I am really looking forward to clinics in Europe. Hope they will help me. Do pray. Good luck to you though.
barbara5

Postby hannahdavid » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:10 pm

Last edited by hannahdavid on Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Low AMH and High FSH
-Poor Ovarian Reserve
-5 IUIs (failed)
-1 IVF (failed)
Life is a total mess
hannahdavid
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby AlyssaMiller » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:36 am

Hey there! I m glad to see that you are going for assisted conception. It's a great way to conceive a baby if you can't do it naturally. I m also having Surrogacy for my baby so, i can totally understand what you are going through. Just take good care of yourself. Eat healthy things only and do some exercise so you can keep your body active. Stay blessed and Good Luck!
AlyssaMiller

Postby PatriciaLee » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:09 pm

Hey there! Everything will be fine. I m suffering from PCOS, I have recently started my IVF cycle at this clinic abroad. You can make it successful for yourself if you go to a clinic with a high success rate. After 6 years I m in the right place now. Good luck to you too.
PatriciaLee

Postby hannahdavid » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:15 pm

I hope IVF works for you. Don't worry I know a lot of people from whom the process has worked. I would just suggest that you visit the right doctor for your process. The more experienced the doctor the better it will be. A friend of mine was telling me that 5 of her IVF cycles failed after which she changed her doctor. The new clinic she visited she made to research about them. It is because of the research that her cycle with them worked. Mainly because doctors exactly know what they were doing. Now she has a little one with her and she is more than happy. She was the one who taught me this important lesson. After which even I switched to them. Now things are going really well, surprisingly. Good luck to you. I hope things go well. Sending baby dust your way.
-Low AMH and High FSH
-Poor Ovarian Reserve
-5 IUIs (failed)
-1 IVF (failed)
Life is a total mess
hannahdavid
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby mimimama » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:34 pm

If you want to increase your chances, you might consult with your doc whether PGS NGS might be an option for you
Me 31, DH 40. TTC 5 years. Unexplained infertility.
December 2015- IVF #1 BFN
May/June 2016- new doctor, IVF consultation in Gdansk Poland
October 2016- IVF #2 Invicta BFP!!!
July 2017 - our daughter M arrived, we are so happy
mimimama
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Previous

Return to IVF