First time IVF questions

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: First time IVF questions

Postby AmySmith » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:54 am

IVF can be time-taking. Took me a couple of cycles! My friend also had to wait until her third cycle. The wait can be so killing! I can totally understand your situation. I'd suggest you relax yourself and try not to think about it. Good luck to you!
AmySmith
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby hannahdavid » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:42 am

You're right! IVF is pretty unpredictable. You really have to make sure to visit the right doctor. The more experienced the doctor more are the chances of the process to work. I am saying this from my own experience. Things are going really well for us now due to this reason. Good luck to you. Sending baby dust your way.
-Low AMH and High FSH
-Poor Ovarian Reserve
-5 IUIs (failed)
-1 IVF (failed)
Life is a total mess
hannahdavid
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby mimimama » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:19 am

agree with the previous posters, success rates are very important, and every lady who starts her journey should know how a clinic calculates their success rates.
Me 31, DH 40. TTC 5 years. Unexplained infertility.
December 2015- IVF #1 BFN
May/June 2016- new doctor, IVF consultation in Gdansk Poland
October 2016- IVF #2 Invicta BFP!!!
July 2017 - our daughter M arrived, we are so happy
mimimama
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:27 am

Typically, you'll need one to two weeks of ovarian stimulation before your eggs are ready for retrieval. To determine when the eggs are ready for collection, your doctor will likely perform: Vaginal ultrasound, an imaging exam of your ovaries to monitor the development of follicles - fluid-filled ovarian sacs where eggs mature. Blood tests, to measure your response to ovarian stimulation medications - estrogen levels typically increase as follicles develop and progesterone levels remain low until after ovulation. Sometimes IVF cycles need to be canceled before egg retrieval.There are lots of reasons for this. In certain situations, your doctor may recommend other procedures before embryo transfer - Assisted hatching. This is a technique in which a hole is made in the zona pellucida just before transfer to help the embryo hatch and implant. Preimplantation genetic testing. Embryos are allowed to develop in the incubator until they reach a stage where a small sample can be removed and tested for specific genetic diseases or the correct number of chromosomes, typically after five to six days of development.
@whenmytruerainbow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:29 am

AmySmith wrote:IVF can be time-taking. Took me a couple of cycles! My friend also had to wait until her third cycle. The wait can be so killing! I can totally understand your situation. I'd suggest you relax yourself and try not to think about it. Good luck to you!

I always tell lovelies in 2ww to behave yourself just like you are already prego) Embryo transfer is done at your clinic and usually takes place two to six days after egg retrieval. You might be given a mild sedative. The procedure is usually painless, although you might experience mild cramping. The doctor or nurse will insert a long, thin, flexible tube called a catheter into your vagina, through your cervix and into your uterus. A syringe containing one or more embryos suspended in a small amount of fluid is attached to the end of the catheter. Using it, the doctor or nurse places the embryo or embryos into your uterus. After the ET you can resume your normal daily activities. However, your ovaries may still be enlarged. Consider avoiding vigorous activity, which could cause discomfort. - Those are the things suggested by our sweet dr at repro center abroad.
@whenmytruerainbow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Previous

Return to IVF