IVF Continue with PGD?

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

IVF Continue with PGD?

Postby carolivet » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:05 am

I am in a difficult situation. I am 33 and my partner is 35. Due to the fallopian tube issue, we chose IVF (in vitro fertilization) option. Stimulation is completed and Doctors extracted 18 eggs. However only 3 embryos alive now and Doctor saying only one embryo is having excellent quality. Kindly advise whether we can go for PGD and with the available embryos. Otherwise, there is a Laparoscopy to fix the fallopian tube issue. Really in a difficult situation to take the decision. Please share your inputs.Or better to leave this process and go for Laparoscopy to fix the Fallopian issue and try normal?TY.
carolivet

Re: IVF Continue with PGD?

Postby hannahdavid » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:22 pm

Hey, I hope you are doing well. I would suggest that you should go forward with PGD. You have one embryo that is of good quality and that means that it might stick as well. I would for sure to not miss this opportunity. Good luck to you for your process. What are your doctors recommending? I feel like the laparoscopy can wait as well. I know so many females who just go forward with a single embryo and are able to conceive. It is just that in the 2WW you will have to be super careful. Just eat well! Make sure to include all the important nutrients in your diet. Also rest and don't get yourself exhausted. Good luck to you. I hope you are soon able to make a decision. Sending baby dust your way.
-Low AMH and High FSH
-Poor Ovarian Reserve
-5 IUIs (failed)
-1 IVF (failed)
Life is a total mess
hannahdavid
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby carolivet » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:22 pm

Thank you for your affirmative response. Yes even I am also planning to go ahead with the process. Doctors are advising another stimulation though I am not willing to.I will follow your suggestions. Thanks again!
carolivet

Postby SandraTiano » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:59 am

Hi Carol! I hope you are doing well. In my opinion, you should go for the PGD. Hannah is right maybe it works out for you. You just need to make sure you are opting for a clinic with high success rate. If the clinic is good enough then chances of your success are high. If it doesn't work then you can go for laparoscopy. I just hope it works out for you. Keep us updated about your treatment. Just relax and take good care of yourself. Everything will be fine. Good luck! Stay blessed! Bye!
SandraTiano

Return to IVF