IVF and Exercise

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

IVF and Exercise

Postby JayLB » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:07 am

Hey All,

I am on CD 4 of IVF medications. I am currently on 150 MG Menopur, 75 MG Gonal - F. Nurses and Pharmacists advised exercise is to be extremely limited, but I find that difficult as I Am person who attends the gym 5 or 6 days a week, with heavy weights :mrgreen: and moderate level cardio on Arc Machine.

I worry that not doing my normal, will send my body into a state of, 'whats happening here?'. I also worry about losing the muscle mass I have gotten. And gaining weight, as I am most likely have PCOS. :omg:

Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA
"Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared" - Buddha

:hugs:
JayLB

Re: IVF and Exercise

Postby Danaa » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:08 am

If your body is used to exercise than you shouldn’t just stop exercising but towards the end when your follies are grown you should take it easier,listen to your body.
Good luck!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: IVF and Exercise

Postby JayLB » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:43 pm

Ive been on meds 3 days and can already feel my ovaries more than before. Guess follicles are growing. But i am so used to being active, that just sitting on my buns feels wrong.
I will reconnect with my nursing team again aswell.
"Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared" - Buddha

:hugs:
JayLB

Return to IVF