Still in time for IVF

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Still in time for IVF

Postby Nevertoolate » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:05 am

Hi girls,
Next week I’m going to start all the process of analysis to undergo (I hope) a IVF treatment.
As a young and carefree woman, I spent my life travelling around Europe, eager to know all cultures. I just wanted to be independent and that’s why I only had worthless relationships.
But then, at 35 years old, I decided to come back to England and settle down. That’s when I met my husband and now, at 40 years old, we want a baby. Unfortunately I can’t get pregnant so we have decided to go to Spain and start the process for IVF treatment.
I’m a hurricane of emotions…. Happy, excited, worried, hopeful…. How can I cope with this? Do you have any suggestion?
I will let you know how it goes…. As I say: it’s never too late! :D
Nevertoolate
Friend

Re: Still in time for IVF

Postby Ly83 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:47 am

Hi @Nevertoolate!

Have you already gone to Spain? How was it?

My husband and I are looking for a place to go in order to undergo IVF. He has azoospermia and I have polycystic ovarie :( so it's impossible for us to have children. We want to undergo a FET. Which is your clinic in Spain? Are you happy with it? really can't decide where to go....

Thank youuu
Ly83
Friend

Postby Nevertoolate » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:46 am

Hi Ly83,

I'm going to FIV Marbella, it's in Marbella, near Malaga. For now I'm happy with this centre, the girls working there are nice and always ready to answer to all my doubts. I hope everything will end in the best way!
Nevertoolate
Friend

Postby Ly83 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:50 am

Nevertoolate wrote:Hi Ly83,

I'm going to FIV Marbella, it's in Marbella, near Malaga. For now I'm happy with this centre, the girls working there are nice and always ready to answer to all my doubts. I hope everything will end in the best way!

Hi Nevertoolate,

At the end I called Fiv Marbella, You were right, the english coordinator is really kind and helpful, she answered all my questions (many) and now we are starting all the exams. What about you? it's been a while :D
Ly83
Friend

Postby Nevertoolate » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:03 am

Hey, I'm happy to hear that so far it went well for you! We have just finished doing the last tests we had to do. So now we are ready for the treatment. As soon as I have my period i'll start with the pill. I'll let you know :D
Nevertoolate
Friend

Postby Caprice » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:05 am

This is superb news. I'm so happy for you! I really hope this works out for you. My prayers are with you. Here's to hoping all this works out for you. These emotions are all quite common. So, don't stress out about it!
Caprice
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Nevertoolate » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:07 am

Caprice wrote:This is superb news. I'm so happy for you! I really hope this works out for you. My prayers are with you. Here's to hoping all this works out for you. These emotions are all quite common. So, don't stress out about it!

Hi Caprice! thank you so much for you positiveness :) Have you already done your treatment? do you have any suggestions for me?
Nevertoolate
Friend

Postby Xenia » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:15 pm

This was such a pleasant read! Among all the negativity, this cheered me up. Thank you for making this post. I had a really good experience with IVF. I hope you have a similar experience. Best of luck to you! Sending you lots of baby dust and love.
Xenia
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby postivethinker » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:38 am

Hi Ladies,

I have done four round of meds (the first two I didn't respond well enough to treatment so we didn't get to transfer stage. Then two further rounds of IVF but unfortunately only one pregnancy that resulted in a miscarriage at 8 weeks. The second round I did the transfer but it didn't result in a positive pregnancy test.

My only option other than trying again is a donor egg but I have really mixed feelings and emotions about this. Has anyone done a transfer with a donor egg? I have read about the instituto bernabeu but the problem is I live in Germany where it is illegal to do donor etc so I would need to go there and then come back here (and carry on as normal like you would if It was a normal pregnancy). I tried to send you a personal message @nevertoolate but it seems stuck in outbox as I would be keen to hear about your experience so far.

Anyone else done the donor transfer and have a story they are willing to share?

If I can help with any questions or lessons learnt from the 4 attempts we have had please let me know. The sad reality is the doctors basically said it is my age as the egg quality deteriorates and as I will be 40 in June with a very very low AMH level it is virtually a miracle egg we need. I thought I had that last time round as we only managed to pick up one of mine from the cycle but unfortunately it did not result in a pregnancy.

We need to decide our limit as if not it really can become an obsession which is not good either for us or our partners.
postivethinker

Postby Nevertoolate » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:18 am

Hi @postivethinker, I'm so sorry to answer you so late. It has been some rough days. I had to wait to do the transfer due to working problems but at the end I did my tranfer las Friday. I'm now on my tww and I'm scared and excited at the same time.

I really understand your mixted feelings, it's not easy to accept the fact of using another woman's egg, but after tarlikng with my coordinator in FIV Marbella I understood that I don't mind. I don't mind if my baby is not my "biological" child, I will love him so much and so strongly because I really want him and did everything I could to get pregnant. I will raise him and will make me his mum.

If I think of my experience I would really recommend FIV Marbella, they didn't just perform the treatment, they gave me real psychological support, which I think is essencial in a journey like ours. And they also helped me organizing the travel and the stay in Marbella.

I will look at my mailbox to see if I receveide your message and we can talk there if you want.
Nevertoolate
Friend

Postby TraceyWiz » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:16 am

Hi Nevertoolate! :) I loved your story, I hope everything is fine and went perfectly. I'm considering the idea of going to your clinic..... I would like to know more about your experience because I still have some doubts :/

I need egg donation as you and I wanted to know how you have felt throughout your journey... When I discovered I had low ovarian reserve I cried a lot.
TraceyWiz
Friend

Postby hannahdavid » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:35 pm

Good luck to you. I hope the process is a success for you. I am visiting a clinic in Europe as well. They are amazing! My treatment is going so well with them. Everything is properly managed and organized. I got my first BFP because of them after years of struggle. Really hoping for the best. If you need more details let me know.
-Low AMH and High FSH
-Poor Ovarian Reserve
-5 IUIs (failed)
-1 IVF (failed)
Life is a total mess
hannahdavid
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Nevertoolate » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:24 am

Hi @TraceyWiz all I can say is that the have changed my life, I am now pregnant, they made my wish come true :) I totally recommend them, they are extremely professional and they follow you in every step. You should try to call them (if you haven't done it yet).

@hannahdavid I'm so happy to hear that it went well with your journey. did you do simple ivf or egg donation?
Nevertoolate
Friend

Postby hannahdavid » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:52 am

Hey, dont worry! I am sure things will work out for you. Just stay positive and strong. I am sure IVf will work for you. However, for the process make sure to visit the right doctor. Someone who is more expereinced will for sure is of more help. Therefore, research properly! Sending baby dust your way.
-Low AMH and High FSH
-Poor Ovarian Reserve
-5 IUIs (failed)
-1 IVF (failed)
Life is a total mess
hannahdavid
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby TraceyWiz » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:39 am

hannahdavid wrote:Hey, dont worry! I am sure things will work out for you. Just stay positive and strong. I am sure IVf will work for you. However, for the process make sure to visit the right doctor. Someone who is more expereinced will for sure is of more help. Therefore, research properly! Sending baby dust your way.

Thank you for your message. I'm looking for the right clinic, however my gyn told me that egg donation has really high success rates and that Spain is one of the best countries in this filed, so I'm tempted to go there. I know I have to try to stay calm because stress and state of mind have a great power.
TraceyWiz
Friend

Next

Return to IVF