How long were you TTC before you got your BFP?

Share your TTC success stories here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

How long were you TTC before you got your BFP?

Postby TiggyB » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:31 pm

How long were you trying (or actively trying) before you got your BFP??
TiggyB

Re: How long were you TTC before you got your BFP?

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:52 pm

Got my bfp with my son on cycle 3. Number 2 has been a different story. Got a bfp cycle 3 again, mc at 5 weeks. Got another bfp 3 cycles later, mc at 5 weeks. Then no bfp for over a year. :/
Me (Becca): 33 DH:38

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/2015

Giving letrozole a try at 2.5 mg:
Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
Added progesterone
Cycle 3-- BFN
Cycle 4-- BFN
Cycle 5-- IUI #1 10/4/18
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby GKR_1985 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:09 pm

5 months for my first BFP - but Mc at 6 weeks, then 4 months later BFP which is now my daughter sleeping upstairs. From start to sticky bean 10/11 months.
me: 31 DH: 31
TTC since May 2016 (ntnp since January 2016)
BFP #1 September 2016, m/c October 2016 (6w5d)
BFP #2 March 5, 2017!!!!
DD born November 7, 2017 at 38w5d!
GKR_1985
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Mindy123 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:40 am

Well, its' been 6 years and I am still waiting for that BFP. This entire 6-year journey was quite nerve-wracking. I am glad that I have finally found a reliable clinic in Ukraine to start my surrogacy treatment. They gave me real hope. I have never been this positive about having a baby before. I have already signed my contract and am looking for a surrogate to carry my baby. I hope to finalize one soon and start my journey. Fingers crossed!
Mindy123
Friend

Postby Hopefulrosey » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:14 pm

Two years and 8 months for first ever bfp...
TTC#1 since Feb 2016
Me: Rosey, 33, mild endo
DH: 32, 4 SAs. varies between normal to MFI :doh:
IUI #1 Sep'17 - BFN and ended up with 2x 20mm+ cysts
IUI #2 Nov'17 - cancelled. O'd spontaneously on CD10 before trigger
IUI #3 Dec'17 BFN... moving on to IVF in 2018
IVF #1 - ER (16 follies,14 eggs, 7 mature, 3 fertilised), 3d transfer of 3 embies (only 1x 8 cell, 2x 4 cell), no frosties, BFN
Lap Mar'18 - Dx mild endo
IVF #2 - Jul'18 - ER (10 eggs, 5 mature, 5 fertilised), 5d transfer of 2 expanding blasts, 1x frozen, BFN

Aug'18 - Nautural BFP while waiting for FET :D Beta #1 968, Beta #2 12000+, HB: 168

Jan'19 - 3rd trimester. We are having a girl!!!!
Hopefulrosey
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby hannahdavid » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:51 am

Things were different in my case. We did start trying after one year of marriage. However, unfortunately, nothing was working. It was a very stressful situation. I had never thought about this side of the journey. We went to a doctor after 12 months of trying. They asked us to get some tests done. This is when things took a very bad turn. We were told I suffered from a poor ovarian reserve. I was so disturbed. I thought my world had come to an end. We tried many procedures after this however, nothing was working. Now we are visiting another clinic hoping for things to work. However, I am keeping my expectations low despite the fact that they sound quite promising. Finding a good clinic is very important when you're on this journey.
-Low AMH and High FSH
-Poor Ovarian Reserve
-5 IUIs (failed)
-1 IVF (failed)
Life is a total mess
hannahdavid
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Caprice » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:46 am

I TTC for a year. It still failed for me. It became really tough because nothing was working out. Then, I decided to opt for assisted conception. That was a great decision. It worked wonders for me. So, all in all, I would say it's been a little over one and a half month.
Caprice
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby AlyssaMiller » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:51 am

Hey there! I hope you are doing well. After 1 week of my marriage, I started TTC. Babies were something that I dreamed of since childhood, so I couldn't wait for more. But I was unaware of my infertility, I had a birth defect I was infertile since childhood. After trying for some years when I got myself tested, the doctors told me that I will never be able to become a mother. I was devastated, I lost all hope. Then my friend told me to join these fertility forums. At first, I thought she was just messing around but when I joined these forums, I found out about assisted conception and many good clinics for myself. Now I m having my surrogacy at this clinic abroad, things are going great for me. Still, pray for me, my surrogate is pregnant and the due date is only some months away. Just can't wait more, I hope this time it works out for me. Stay blessed! Good Luck everyone!
AlyssaMiller

Postby PatriciaLee » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:46 am

Hi there! I hope you are going well. I m trying from last 6 years to conceive. Because of PCOS, I m not able to conceive naturally. Many doctors told me to go for IUI but it didn't work out for me. I don't know why it failed because every time the results were more than good enough but in the end, it didn't work. So now I m visiting this clinic abroad for my IVF. Everyone told me to go for IVF because of the high success rate it has. The reason why I chose this clinic abroad is that of the positive reviews about it. My sister also had her surrogacy there so I m quite hopeful. I just hope this time it works out for me. Pray for me, Thankyou <3. Stay blessed. Good Luck everyone.
PatriciaLee

Postby EstrellaS » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:59 am

I TTC for six months. It was quite a tough time. However, if you add the assisted conception time, then it probably amounts to more than a year. I managed to conceive after my second IVF. I miscarried on that attempt. However, the second time I got my BFP, that was really sticky! Managed to go all the way, that time!
EstrellaS
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to TTC Success Stories