Low ovarian reserve

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Low ovarian reserve

Postby Strawberry11 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:37 pm

Hi I am new to TTC. I came here to try and find some advice, help, successful stories and other women who have had positive outcomes in my situation. I am 38 years old my husband and I have been TTC for a few months I thought we would be pregnant in no time. Because of my age to be proactive I decided I would get tested and make sure everything is good. Come to find out through ultrasound I have a low ovarian reserve the doctor could only see about two maybe three eggs. I have an FSH level of 5.7 and a AMH level of 0.4 to top all of that off I ovulate late roughly 6 days before my period starts which is a 23 day cycle. Any woman in similar situations is there hope to conceive/ successful IFV? Any insight advice would really be appreciated.
Thank you
Strawberry11
Friend

Re: Low ovarian reserve

Postby Caprice » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:22 am

I see this is a bit of a tough situation. You guys should actually consider consulting a fertility clinic. They excel in these things. That could be your best option. I hope things turn out well. Sending you lots of love and prayers. You can do this! Don't give up, okay?
Caprice
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby hannahdavid » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:17 pm

I hope you are well. I think opting for IVF is a great option. I am in the same boat as yours. I have the same issue of hormonal imbalance. However, make sure for the process you visit a clinic that is high at success rate. The clinic should know what they are doing. The doctors for that should be experienced. I myself have opted for IVF. However, my previous cycles didn't work out! Due to this reason I have switched to a different clinic. I am hoping that with them things work out. Hoping for the best. Good luck to you. I hope your process goes well as well. Sending baby dust your way.
-Low AMH and High FSH
-Poor Ovarian Reserve
-5 IUIs (failed)
-1 IVF (failed)
Life is a total mess
hannahdavid
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Strawberry11 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:23 pm

Thanks everyone for the response. Lots of updates since posting this. I started reading the book “it starts with an egg” in September, and put my infertility into my own hands. After what I consider interviewing 4 RE’s I settled for one that I was comfortable with and who supported a natural approach as well as medical. 3 months after implementing lots if not almost all suggestions in the book I was able improve my AMH levels and conceive naturally. Unfortunately I did misscarry, we’re taking a break and will try again soon. Thanks for the advice and support.
Baby dust to everyone
Strawberry11
Friend

Postby SandraTiano » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:42 pm

Hi there! I hope you are doing well. I am sorry for your loss once again. You should have opted for IVF. I know there are a lot of ways to improve AMH levels but sometimes it's just not possible to conceive naturally. Low ovarian reserve is a hard thing to come back from. Even if you were going for IVF, it was good for you to go for Donor Eggs. But I m glad you are not planning to stop. Just make sure you don't take a long enough break. Just start again when you are ready. Good luck! Stay blessed! Take care! Bye!
SandraTiano

Postby Strawberry11 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:30 pm

A few have suggested donor eggs please remember that this is not always A want for women some women feel that giving birth is not a goal but actually having their biological child is what they want, so please think about DE suggestions. I’m sure everyone who has gotten to this point or asking for specific advice has gone over all the options and already know what choices they want to make for their family. Lots of children in the world need a home and loving parents, adoption is a great option too yet no one suggests that.
Last edited by Strawberry11 on Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Strawberry11
Friend

Postby Strawberry11 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:35 pm

SandraTiano wrote:Hi there! I hope you are doing well. I am sorry for your loss once again. You should have opted for IVF. I know there are a lot of ways to improve AMH levels but sometimes it's just not possible to conceive naturally. Low ovarian reserve is a hard thing to come back from. Even if you were going for IVF, it was good for you to go for Donor Eggs. But I m glad you are not planning to stop. Just make sure you don't take a long enough break. Just start again when you are ready. Good luck! Stay blessed! Take care! Bye!

Actually LOTS of women have improved their AMH levels and were able to conceive naturally. Don’t forget our E doctors are in the business of making money and will always suggest DE or IVF there is a lot of prep work that goes into that and the minute you walk in to their office they want to sell you on IVF even if you’re physically not ready. I believe everyone should at least try it naturally before they take medicated option. I was able to conceive naturally after three months after being told that it would never happen and I should use DE eggs, did you know 40 to 60% of women miscarry their first pregnancy. In my opinion I’m not doing so bad. But that’s just my opinion.
Strawberry11
Friend

Return to TTC in our 30s